Want to help your baby sleep better? Just remember Red Before Bed™ and you’ll be on your way! The Sunset Baby Soother from The First Years uses DreamRed™ technology to gently guide your baby to sleep the way Mother Nature intended, with a soft red light. Sleep scientist Dr. Sofia Axelrod, co-developer of the soother, was inspired by Nobel Prize-winning research on the circadian clock and how light affects our ability to fall asleep. A quick science lesson: Blue light, which is emitted by most nursery nightlights and home lighting, is nature’s way of waking us up. It resets our body clock and increases alertness by elevating cortisol, serotonin, and adrenaline levels in our bodies while also suppressing the sleep hormone melatonin. Red light, on the other hand, supports the natural production of melatonin. That’s how the red light of the Sunset Baby Soother makes it easier for your baby to fall asleep. Whether you’re creating the perfect nursery for your newborn, or looking to start sleep training, the Sunset Soother offers several options and can be used for infants, toddlers, (and parents too). The nightlight can be set to stay on all night, which is a great way to avoid bright lights during middle-of-night changes and feedings, or you can choose sunset mode which slowly fades to darkness over thirty minutes. The soother also includes a white noise machine that creates a calming womb-like environment and masks other sounds to help your baby fall asleep and stay asleep. And when baby sleeps, you get to sleep too!
Also available at Walmart
- Baby Soother: Featuring DreamRed technology with a light that gently guides your baby to sleep the way Mother Nature intended, with a soft red glow
- Red Before Bed: The blue light emitted by most nursery nightlights and home lighting increases alertness, but our red light only emits wavelengths that help support the natural production of melatonin to help us sleep
- 2 Nightlight Modes: Sunset Mode with slowly fading red light for 30 minutes or Overnight Mode for those who prefer a nightlight in baby’s room for late night changes and feedings without the need for blue light that can stimulate baby
- White Noise Machine: The integrated sound machine, with 3 volume settings, creates a calming womb-like environment and masks other sounds to help your baby fall asleep and stay asleep; can be used in Sunset or Overnight modes too
- Based on Sleep Science: Co-developed with Dr. Sofia Axelrod, Sleep Scientist and author of How Babies Sleep, who was inspired by Nobel prize winning research on the circadian clock and how light affects our ability to fall asleep
- Travel Easy: Includes adapter plug and USB cord – so it’s just as easy to use on-the-go as it is at home